1947 Geoff, Peggy, Peter and Bob
Grandad Geoff and Grandma Peggy originally rented Pitt Farm from the Ford estate. Like a lot of local farming families they worked hard and made money where they could. Dairy cattle were the main source of income. They grazed in the surrounding fields down to the church and up behind the Fountain Head Inn. Each day the cows would walk past the pub and down the lane to Pitt Farm to be milked. Just behind the barns were corrugated stys where the pigs lived and The Lodge housed the chickens.